Recipe by Sharon123
These are great as appetizers or a main meal! They are full of zip! Adapted from Light & Tasty magazine. This recipe can be frozen!
Top Review by alligirl
These were very easy to make and we had very tasty dinner! Followed as directed, this is a snap! I'm surely going to try them for my OAMC soon enough. Served with rice, they made a delicious meal! Thanks so much for sharing, Sharon123!
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and turn it around to coat it thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Broil the chicken strips 3"-4" from the heat for 3 minutes; then turn the strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
- To freeze: Place chicken and marinade in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw overnight in the fridge and cook as directed.