Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this marinade up about a month ago. Since then, my SO and I have been craving it so much, we've made it at least 6 times. Throw in a half tsp of red pepper for a spicier dish.
- 4 -5 slices ginger, thin (always use fresh and not ground)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (like tandoori, a red hot curry)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 mushrooms (I just like throwing it in) (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in food processor until a little chunky.
- Rub over baked chicken, on chicken drumsticks, any chicken.
Loved final product, but...I felt that the instructions were a bit confusing. I wasn't sure whether the recipe called for curry powder or curry paste....and adding mushrooms sounded a bit weird for a marinade. I choose curry paste with chicken thighs, skinned and de-fatted. Served with freshly picked corn on the cob...this made up a wonderful easy meal
I tried this marinade last night and.....yum !! I don't like curry so I added a tsp. of red pepper flakes for some more zing.....threw everything into a plastic baggy with the chicken and let it marinate for an hour then pan fried the chicken! Wow.....great taste.....lots of garlic and ginger flavour ! I'll definitely make this one again !