Recipe by Anacat
There are some great garlic chicken recipes on here, but most of them are written for a cook who has a lot of time and is cooking for more than just two people. This is what I came up with as something smaller and simpler to serve with a sweeter side. I served it with acorn squash cooked with brown sugar and peas. The meal ended up having a flavor reminiscent of North African food.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this as directed except I used fresh grated ginger. DH and I loved it...next time I will use chicken thighs because he loves the dark meat. Thank you for a great recipe for two! Made for SPRING PAC 2010.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter (light butter is ok)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- water (may substitute dry white wine or sherry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use one tablespoon of the olive oil to saute the chicken breast over medium heat until brown, set aside.
- Add second tablespoon of olive oil, butter, garlic and spices and sauté until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice and stir until mixed.
- Add reserved chicken, brown sugar and enough water or wine to create a sauce with the spices and sugar.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, turning once, until the flavors begin to penetrate the meat. Add more water as needed.