1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I made up this recipe the other night when I wanted something easy and savory. I based it on my mother's old standby baked chicken and rice, but made it a lighter version by using broth in place of the cream soup and spicing it up with some garlic and ginger. Depending on your taste, you may want to add more garlic and ginger. You could probably throw in some vegetables (like broccoli) and make it a true one-dish meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Saute onions, garlic and ginger in the vegetable oil over medium high heat until the onion is translucent.
- 3Add uncooked rice and saute until you can smell toasted rice.
- 4Add the rice mixture and the broth to a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Place the chicken on top of the rice (if you remove the skin from the chicken breasts, place them meat side down).
- 7Cover the dish and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- 8If you leave the skin on the chicken, remove the dish cover for the last 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Ginger Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 96.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: