Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I made up this recipe the other night when I wanted something easy and savory. I based it on my mother's old standby baked chicken and rice, but made it a lighter version by using broth in place of the cream soup and spicing it up with some garlic and ginger. Depending on your taste, you may want to add more garlic and ginger. You could probably throw in some vegetables (like broccoli) and make it a true one-dish meal
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger in the vegetable oil over medium high heat until the onion is translucent.
- Add uncooked rice and saute until you can smell toasted rice.
- Add the rice mixture and the broth to a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken on top of the rice (if you remove the skin from the chicken breasts, place them meat side down).
- Cover the dish and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- If you leave the skin on the chicken, remove the dish cover for the last 15-20 minutes.