Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wanted to try something besides hummus with garbanzo beans. I wasn't sure how the olive oil would taste (I kept wanting to add tahini instead), but it's very good. This would be a great after school snack because it's quick to prepare and healthy. You could also eat on bread like a sandwich. Recipe from 2007 Taste of Home Annual Recipes, courtesy of Lisa Moore, Clay, New York.
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained if using canned) or 15 ounces chickpeas (rinsed and drained if using canned)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- assorted fresh vegetables and baked pita chips
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients (except pita chips and fresh veggies).
- Cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables and pita chips.