Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (about 5 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, tossing to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
- Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, and cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add potatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese to pan; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
These fries had awesome flavor but I found that tossing them in the butter at the end made them sort of soggy. I still liked them & will be making again.
These were great! I loved the garlic flavor with the fries! Mine got pretty crispy as I cut them very thin. I would maybe reduce the cook time a little or cut the fries a bit thicker next time. I love the fact that I made fries that didn't come out of the freezer section of the grocery store! I was out of fresh parmesan so used the stuff from the "green can", LOL. Still very tasty!
These are wonderful! I made them for an afternoon snack for me and my hubby. We both devoured them in no time. I cut mine pretty thin and they crisped up a lot, but I actually preferred the fries that were a little soft so next time I won't cut them as thin. The flavor is delicious! I reduced the garlic in half because I was afraid I'd have garlic breath for work tomorrow, and it still turned out nice and garlicky. Such a great recipe, thank you Redsie!