Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This one is from Southern Living and they are sooo good!
Make and share this Garlic Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs peeled baking potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (about 5 tsp)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip top plastic bag, tossing to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400°F for 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning after 20 minutes.
- Place butter and garlic in a large nonstick skillet, cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add potatoes, parsley and cheese to pan.
- Toss to coat.
This was an easy recipe to make, used ingredients that I usually keep on hand and had a great medley of flavors. I followed the directions as stated, except I ran them under the broiler to crisp them up before sauting them. This is a wonderful recipe for garlic lovers! Thanks for sharing it theresa/thunderbird.
Garlic fans will love these fries!! They have a good garlic flavor without being overpowering for those who aren't partial to garlic. Easy to prepare. Next time, however, I will make ½ inch fries, and mince the garlic even more finely. I might also incorporate the garlic before the fries go into the oven, for even more garlic flavor. My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this recipe 5 stars.
Just love this recipe. Have made many times and they always turn out wonderful. I use olive oil and no butter. Thanks for posting.