Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A staple ingredient in Filipino style breakfast plates, also known as "silogs". There are many varieties of silogs, but one thing is always certain. You MUST have garlic fried rice to pair with your eggs and choice of breakfast meat!!! <b>NOTE: This is a good base to start from when making fried rice; you can always add more ingredients to your preference.</b>
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic until lightly browned, being careful not to burn it. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir in the cooked white rice, and season with garlic salt and pepper, adding to taste.
- Cook and stir until heated through and well blended, about 3 minutes. If it looks like it needs more moisture, add another tablespoon of butter to "help it along".
- Serve and enjoy. You can return the browned bits of garlic to the cooked rice, if preferred.
Made for PAC Spring/09 This was a very nice side dish. I did not serve it for breakfast but it made a great side for a lobster dinner. I will be making this again as I can see all kinds of add ins being wonderful. Quick, easy and tasty. Thanks for sharing :)