Top Review by yooper
I was so happy to find this one Dancer! I'm Somersizing, and it's been a real challenge to find store bought salad dressing, since most of them contain sugar or added carbs. This is so smooth and creamy it's almost sinful! The garlic and Dijon mustard really come through! Thanks for posting this!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan boil the garlic in 2 inches water for 15 minutes, or until it is tender, and drain it.
- In a bowl mash the garlic to a paste and whisk in the cream, the mustard, the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste, whisking until the mixture is thickened slightly.
- Add the oil, drop by drop, whisking, and whisk the vinaigrette until it is emulsified.