Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have lots of parsley in the garden and can't eat garlic. This pesto fits the bill and is tasty too. Use it thick, as the recipe makes, for a spread or garnish. For a sauce, add some of the water your pasta is cooking in. The flour in the water acts as a binder.
- 2 cups parsley, loosely packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 shallot
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup good quality parmesan cheese
- Clean and remove big stems from parsley.
- In a food processor or magic bullet put the parsley, salt, walnuts, shallot and half the oil.
- Blend until pureed.
- Add remaining oil, lemon juice and parmesan and blend quickly.
This was tasty, but next time, I'll use less oil. I even added twice as much parsley in case my interpretation of 2 cups, loosely packed, was too loose. Made for CQ 14.