Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Garlic lovers, stand up and be proud! (And carry Altoids)
- 1 head garlic
- 8 additional garlic cloves
- 1 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped and loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, for grating
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic; toast until golden and crisp. Remove garlic with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chopped garlic; sauté until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine; let simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; toss.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers. Grate Parmesan over each serving.
I have to try this!!! As soon as I do, I will come back and give it a review. Garlic, a mainstay in my diet (and I still have friends). Thanks. Lolly