Recipe by Barb G.
Foccacia is northern Italy's answer to "pizza". To this basic recipe you can add olives, mushrooms, Cheese, anchovies, artichokes hearts or whatever.Delicious hot from the oven, It also keeps well. This recipe comes from the Garlic lovers Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently saute garlic in oil until yellow, about 10 minutes.
- Pour through strainer and reserve both garlic and oil separately.
- Combine biscuit mix, garlic and milk.
- Pour a generous third of the oil into a 7 x 11-inch baking dish or pan.
- Spread the oil around to cover the pan.
- Turn dough into pan, pat out evenly with floured fingers.
- Poke holes into dough every 2 inches,with a knife blade or skewer to make small holes.
- Pour remaining oil over top of dough and spread evenly with fingers.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 24 minutes.