1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is delicious and uses whole-wheat flour, making it a healthy accompaniment to any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly spoon whole wheat flour into a dry measuring cup.
- 2Level with a knife.
- 3Combine whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup water, and yeast in a bowl.
- 4Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Lightly spoon all-purpose flour into dry measuring cups.
- 6Level with a knife.
- 7Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 3/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- 8Add yeast mixture.
- 9Stir until a dough forms.
- 10Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- 11Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 12Add enough of remaining 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, one tablespoon at a time, to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands (Dough will, however, feel sticky).
- 13Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- 14Cover and let rise in warm place (85° F), free from drafts, for one hour or until doubled in size.
- 15(Gently press fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.).
- 16Preheat oven to 450°.
- 17Punch dough down.
- 18Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 19Divide dough in half.
- 20Roll each half into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- 21Place on baking sheets sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 22Lightly coat dough with cooking spray.
- 23Sprinkle dough evenly with sliced garlic.
- 24Press garlic into dough using fingertips.
- 25Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until crisp and garlic begins to brown.
- 26Remove flatbreads from oven. Cool on wire rack.
- 27Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g