Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This bread-machine recipe has a great taste and impressive presentation. It is perfect for a dinner party or pot-luck.
- 1 cup water (70-80 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tbslp. of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto floured surface.
- Roll into 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a 14-inch pizza pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, cook garlic in butter over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- With the end of a wooden spoon handle, make indentations in dough at 1-inch intervals.
- Top with garlic butter and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges or squares and serve warm.
This bread was freakin' AMAZING!! Love Love LOVE this. So soft and fluffy, even the dough looked gorgeous before baking it. Will make again for everyone I know!
We loved this bread! Very easy, flavorful, and I love that you don't have to roll out separate breadsticks. I added extra garlic and butter to the crust, and sprinkled some italian seasonings on as well. Next time I make it, I'll make an alfredo dipping sauce to go with it!
I came here because earlier today I was in the supermarket. They had a display of flat breads, oval in shape about 12 inches by 6 inches (that's all you get) a variety of flavors like roasted tomato, garlic, etc....,,so here's the good part, the price for each of these was $ 4.89. Kid you not. Would serve maybe four. I said to myself,,,I'm headed to zaar, run don't walk ! I will make this lovely recipe just to be able to thumb my nose at the "artisan bread" people out there...........