Girl from India's Note:
This is a lovely fish dish I made last night for a dinner party which is a Thai dish. Excellent! From a Nita Mehta cookbook on Thai cookery. Time does not include marination time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g white fish fillets, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion, plus
- extra spring onion, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I used soya sauce in its place)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili paste or 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder (cayenne)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1Marinate the fish in the ginger and garlic paste, salt and the lemon juice for a couple of hours.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok and then saute the chopped ginger and garlic for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the cayenne and the pepper powder.
- 4Add the spring onions, salt, sauce and the fish.
- 5Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- 6Cover and simmer for another few minutes till the fish is cooked and the gravy dry.
- 7You may have to cook uncovered to dry it up after a minute or so of covering it cooked.
- 8Serve hot garnished with chopped cilantro and chopped spring onions too.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Fish
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 1470.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste