1/2 Photos of Garlic Fingers
Friedel described these in a Canadian-themed thread, and really sparked my curiousity. I found this recipe on a copycat site, and these sound like something amazing. Just don't plan on any intense kissing after eating these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Gently saute the garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for about 10 minutes until tender but not brown.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- 4Cut in 4 T butter until mixture is crumbly like cornmeal.
- 5Add parsley, dill, and milk, stir just until evenly moist.
- 6Pour into well-greased 8 x 8-inch pan.
- 7Spread garlic on top, then cover with cheese.
- 8Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Cool slightly and cut into fingers.
- 10For a variation, combine 1 cup of thinly sliced onions in with the garlic before you saute them.
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 505.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g