Recipe by Mirj
Friedel described these in a Canadian-themed thread, and really sparked my curiousity. I found this recipe on a copycat site, and these sound like something amazing. Just don't plan on any intense kissing after eating these!
Top Review by bubblegirl
I liked these,but i prefer my garlic fingers thinner then this,i did follow the recipe exactly as posted,but i think maybe a bit larger pan may have made them a little thinner,otherwise they were excellent.Thanks for the posting Mirjam.
- 1 cup fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently saute the garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for about 10 minutes until tender but not brown.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in 4 T butter until mixture is crumbly like cornmeal.
- Add parsley, dill, and milk, stir just until evenly moist.
- Pour into well-greased 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Spread garlic on top, then cover with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into fingers.
- For a variation, combine 1 cup of thinly sliced onions in with the garlic before you saute them.