Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've been making this for years. I'll make a huge salad and just have that for dinner. Great in the summertime when tomatoes are fresh. Measurements are a guess so you may have to adjust. Lately, I've replaced green leaf lettuce with fresh spinach and then added pine nuts which makes a really nice change to this salad. I like my tomatoes at room temperature since it seems to make them more juicy. Make sure to mix around the first 10 ingredients and then add the lettuce or spinach. I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do. Would love feedback.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup feta
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup green beans (canned or fresh) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green leaf lettuce or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts (if using spinach)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a big salad bowl add olive oil, lemon and minced garlic; mix around.
- Add chopped tomato, pepper and lots of crumbled feta cheese;.
- Add cucumber and red onion.
- If using, add green beans and/or bacon bits.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add green leaf lettuce (or spinach).
- Add a dash of olive oil and lemon on top of the lettuce (or spinach).
- Mix well.
- Add pine nuts (optional).
- Salt to taste.
Totally agree with your methos of putting the salad together,Zenmaria. Can't think of a thing this salad is missing. Has to be summer fresh.