1 hr 10 mins
Tina A's Note:
I know this sounds really weird & it took some coercing for my friend to get me to try it. It is quite addictive. Huge hit at parties & pot lucks. Adjust garlic & onion to your preference. **Do not substitute Miracle whip for the mayo. This tastes funky if you use miracle whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 -8 garlic cloves, pressed or 1 teaspoon of jarred minced garlic
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped onion (I prefer a touch of minced onion instead as I don't like onions much)
- jalapeno jelly, and or raspberry preserves
- 1Fill a soup/salad bowl with grated cheese. It will take up less room as you mix.
- 2Add garlic & onion to your preference. ***This recipe is meant to have a powerful amount of garlic flavor.
- 3Add mayo by spoonful & mix until it's about the same consistency as pimento cheese spread. Of course, taste with a dab of jalapeño jelly on a cracker & adjust garlic & onion & mayo to your preference.
- 4Best if chilled for an hour before serving.
- 5Do not top with jelly or preserves until you are ready to serve it.
- 6Serve cheese spread smushed out a little on a saucer/plate. Spoon jalapeño jelly or raspberry preserves over the top. You want to have about the same amount of jelly/preserves as cheese spread.
- 7You want about a 1:1 ratio of cheese spread to jelly on your cracker for it to taste perfect.
- 8(Jalapeño jelly does not have the heat of jalapeños. It just has the flavor. So if you are afraid of jalapeños, don't be afraid of the jelly).
- 9I usually have one dish with the jalapeno jelly & another dish with the raspberry preserves because many of my people are scared of the jalapeno jelly.
- 10The recipe's creator says you must use Club crackers, but I prefer the ritz type.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Extravaganza Cheese Spread/Dip With Jalapeno Jelly or Ras
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.3
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 269.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.5 g