1/2 Photos of Garlic Eggs Cooked on the Plate
Talk about a one-dish meal! Ever heard of cooking your scrambled eggs on a plate on the stovetop? with garlic (powder)? YES it's the most wonderful and creamy eggs ever! If you enjoy standing next to the stove, stirring gently for awhile while chatting or reading the morning paper, or watching the news, this is the perfect dish to make. My dad would cook this for me, then he would serve it, on the plate, on top of a brown grocery bag (so the plate wouldn't burn the table). My dad, the frugal everything. :) Be sure to use a thick 'restaurant' quality serving plate for this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Make sure you have a thick, restaurant quality serving plate to cook with! Place thick newspaper or a brown grocery bag on the table you will be eating at.
- 2Place cooktop on lowest setting. If you have a gas stove, set the flame to lowest setting possible. In a small bowl, scramble the eggs (using a fork) with the salt, pepper, and yes, garlic powder.
- 3Set plate onto burner, and add the butter. When the butter is melted, add the eggs. With a fork, (the same one you beat the eggs with, and will eat with), begin slowly and continuously to gently stir the eggs.
- 4It will take some time, 8-10 minutes at least, and the eggs will begin to stick to the bottom of the plate.
- 5Using the side of the fork, begin scraping the eggs off the bottom of the plate as they solidify. Continue stirring and scraping until you get the desired consistency of your preference for scrambled eggs (about 10-15 minutes).
- 6Turn off the stovetop, and using potholders, bring the eggs on a plate to the paper on the table. Use the same fork you scrambled with to eat with.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Eggs Cooked on the Plate
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.7
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 619.0 mg
- Sodium 1579.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 19.4 g