Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
my dog loves these
Make and share this Garlic Dog Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.Lightly oil a baking sheet.set aside.
- Combine flour, dry milk, garlic powder and sugar.
- cut in meat drippings till it resemble coarse meal --
- Mix in eggs, and add enough water to form a ball.
- Pat dough onto cookie sheets -- to 1/2" thick.
- Cut out with desired cutters or knife.
- Remove scraps.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
Garlic is not dangerous to dogs unless they are fed too much of it. As long as they don't eat more than .5% of their body weight in garlic in one day they will be fine. Garlic actually helps repel fleas but again should always be given in small doses. So these biscuits should be fine as long as they are not given to the dog too much in 1 day.
What an easy recipe! Didn't have meat drippings, so used about 1 TBS. dry beef gravy mix, and an extra 2 TBS. water. The kids had a blast making dog bones and other shaped treats with their playdough toys. The neighbor's dog gave this a tail-waggin paws up and snarfed them down. (If you are concerned with the garlic, check with your vet; online views seem to think garlic is fine for dogs.) Thank you for sharing this fun recipe.
Garlic in any form (clove, powder, crushed, whole etc) causes pancreatitis in dogs.