Recipe by grandma2969
my dog loves these
Top Review by tam72
Garlic is not dangerous to dogs unless they are fed too much of it. As long as they don't eat more than .5% of their body weight in garlic in one day they will be fine. Garlic actually helps repel fleas but again should always be given in small doses. So these biscuits should be fine as long as they are not given to the dog too much in 1 day.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 large beaten egg
- 6 tablespoons meat drippings
- 1⁄2 cup cold ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.Lightly oil a baking sheet.set aside.
- Combine flour, dry milk, garlic powder and sugar.
- cut in meat drippings till it resemble coarse meal --
- Mix in eggs, and add enough water to form a ball.
- Pat dough onto cookie sheets -- to 1/2" thick.
- Cut out with desired cutters or knife.
- Remove scraps.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.