1/1 Photo of Garlic & Dill Pickled Cucumbers (Gherkins)
12 hrs 20 mins
Egyptian John's Note:
I've been making this recipe for years, Have always been a lover of Dill pickles but when I couldn't find any I made this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and prick the cucumbers with a silver fork.
- 2put a layer into a plastic bowl, then sprinkle with salt until all are covered with salt.
- 3(leave for approx 4 hrs).
- 4Put vinegar and water together in a saucepan cook on low heat.
- 5Thin slice the garlic and add to the vinegar solution, add the dill (or dill seed if you cannot get fresh) 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Take off heat.
- 7After 4 hours the cucumbers will be saturated with water (the salt dehydrates them ie removes the liquid from the cucumbers).
- 8Wash the cucumbers 3 times in fresh water, shake dry!
- 9add to the vinegar mixture.
- 10The dedhydrated cucumbers absorb this wonderful dill/garlic flavour and believe it or not are ready to eat the next day!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Dill Pickled Cucumbers (Gherkins)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3231.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g