- 8 medium red potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes in half, cut the halves in half, then cut the quarters in half, so that you have eight wedges from each potato.
- Steam the sliced potatoes on a steamer rack over boiling water in a large, covered saucepan for 10 minutes, or until the tip of a knife encounters just a little resistance when stuck into the potatoes.
- The potatoes will cook a bit more after they come off the heat, so you want to be sure not to overcook them.
- Combine the melted butter, dill, garlic, and salt in a small bowl.
- When the potatoes are cooked, dump them into a medium bowl.
- Pour the garlic butter over the potatoes, then gently toss the potatoes until they are well-coated.
- Be careful not to toss the potatoes too much or they may start to fall apart, and you don't want mashed potatoes.