Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I Love Ranch Crackers, but I can't afford all the fat calories, plus I never could stand the ultra-greasy feel of the conventional ones in my mouth, so I played around until I came up with this comparatively low-fat version. With the extra seasonings, you don't miss the grease at all.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried dill, lightly crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (desirable) (optional)
- 1 (11 ounce) package oyster crackers
- Preheat oven to 175degF.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, plus cayenne pepper, if using, and stir until well combined.
- Add crackers, and toss well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until dry, stirring occasionally.
- Store in an airtight container.
I liked the idea of using a small amount of oil, however it was hard to get the mixture to evenly coat all the crackers. It probably would have been easier with slightly more oil. Good flavor.