2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that I clipped from the Toronto Star many years ago. It is very easy to make and very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1Combine garlic, shallots, dill, basil, paprika, oils and lemon juice in a shallow baking pan that is large enough to hold the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- 2Add chicken and turn to coat the pieces.
- 3Cover and marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 4Place the pan containing the marinade and chicken in a preheated 350 degree F oven and bake 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.
- 5Baste with the liquid in the pan every 20 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken to a platter.
- 7Keep warm until the sauce is ready.
- 8Sprinkle the surface of the liquid in the baking pan with flour and stir with a wire whisk to combine.
- 9Heat the stock.
- 10Pour the liquid from the baking pan into a medium saucepan.
- 11Whisk the hot stock into the saucepan.
- 12Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil and thickens to a medium gravy.
- 13If the sauce is too thick, thin with a little more stock.
- 14Serve over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Dill Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.1
- Calories from Fat 444
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 192.8 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 42.5 g