Recipe by Lechef in Boise ID
Very easy to make and packed with so much flavor.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
These were super easy to make and smelled awesome, but like the other reviewer I thought they lacked a lot of flavor. I used fresh garlic as he/she suggested, but that still didn't really do it. I'm thinking next time I'll probably up the salt to a Tbsp, as I suspect the small amount of salt is the culprit. Oh, and a warning to everyone...Do not let the dough sit in your bread maker! This makes so much dough that it rose out of my two pound pan after one hour and spilled over! Thanks for the great starter Lechef, I'll repost when I try with more salt.
- 354.88 ml luke water
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 946.36 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried dill
- 0.25 ml cornmeal
- 28.39 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lighty grease and sprinkle corn meal on cookie sheet.
- Combine all ingredients into bread pan.
- select dough setting.
- When dough is finished, remove from bread pan and roll out into sticks sizes of your liking, onto cookie sheets and brush with milk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minute
- or until a light golden brown.
- This can be done by hand also, but you will need to let the dough rise (double in size) and knead it down again and rise again before shaping into bread sticks.