Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Very easy to make and packed with so much flavor.
Make and share this Garlic Dill Breadsticks (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lighty grease and sprinkle corn meal on cookie sheet.
- Combine all ingredients into bread pan.
- select dough setting.
- When dough is finished, remove from bread pan and roll out into sticks sizes of your liking, onto cookie sheets and brush with milk.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minute
- or until a light golden brown.
- This can be done by hand also, but you will need to let the dough rise (double in size) and knead it down again and rise again before shaping into bread sticks.
These were super easy to make and smelled awesome, but like the other reviewer I thought they lacked a lot of flavor. I used fresh garlic as he/she suggested, but that still didn't really do it. I'm thinking next time I'll probably up the salt to a Tbsp, as I suspect the small amount of salt is the culprit. Oh, and a warning to everyone...Do not let the dough sit in your bread maker! This makes so much dough that it rose out of my two pound pan after one hour and spilled over! Thanks for the great starter Lechef, I'll repost when I try with more salt.
The breadsticks come out nicely, good texture and etc. I really can't say they're 'packed with flavor', though - they smelled garlicky but I didn't really taste either herb in the eating. I will be playing around a little with increased amounts or maybe addition of some fresh garlic to up the flavor.