Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is of my own creation based on ingredients that I love and thought would work well together. Admittedly, it was a bit of an experimentation, but it turned out wonderfully. Everyone at the dinner table loved it and went back for seconds of the just the rice with the sauce. For the wine, make sure it is a wine you would like to drink because the flavor of the wine will come through in the dish.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (lighter variety, such as Pinot Grigio)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice
- 25 asparagus spears
- Lightly salt chicken breasts and set aside.
- Thinly slice garlic and shallots, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine wine, mustard and lemon juice and whisk until fully mixed.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook on each side for 1 minute.
- Add in wine mix, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- After about five minutes, begin cooking rice and add asparagus to chicken mix, making sure to get the asparagus into the fluid as much as possible.
- While cooking, turn chicken occasionally and use ladle to spoon sauce mix (including garlic and shallots) over the chicken.
- Cook until asparagus is done and sauce has thickened a little. Sauce should have cooked down about halfway. Turn up heat, uncovered towards end if not cooking down fast enough.
- Serve chicken over rice with asparagus and pour sauce mixture over top.