Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple, delicious! Serve this up with french fries and coleslaw for a quick, tasty meal!
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (10 ounce) skirt steaks
- In a bowl, stir together the garlic, mustard, and lime juice.
- Trim the steak if necessary.
- Rub steak with mustard mixture and marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until just smoking and grill steak 3 minutes on each side.
- (Or,you could broil steak on the rack of a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat.) Transfer steak to a platter and let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, diagonally cut the steak across the grain into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Serve with coleslaw and fries.
I have made this recipe for YEARS! Wonderful on pork tenderloins, too. I add the ZEST of the lime, as well. When I have no limes, I use an orange. Lovely. During the summer I use boneless skinless free range chicken thighs on the BBQ. DELISH!!! You need to buy lots of chicken. They go down FAST!!
I made this with lemon instead of lime, and I let the marinade sit on the meat for 2 1/2 hours. The marinade is more subtle than I thought it would be. Served with roasted asparagus and Sauteed Yellow Turnips Sauteed Yellow Turnips (Swede or Rutabaga) (I used rutabaga).
We Love this recipe! It is quick and easy to prepare. I use flank steak and marinate it for a few hours and sometimes overnight. The meat is tender and flavorful - either by it self or in fajitas.