Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This is a not-so-vinegary, sweetish pickled egg, with an interesting curry taste (and color) Add dried hot peppers as you wish and plan ahead about a week for these. Prep time includes week of "pickling". Cook time includes boiling the eggs, then the pickling liquid.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These pickled eggs turned out just so good! I started them over a week ago to serve at my party on this Saturday (tomorrow). I actually doubled the recipe and marinated them in two seperate containers. The added curry gave them a very different and interesting, but very good flavor.I never would have thought about adding in curry to pickled eggs, but they are delicious! Thank you for another winner, I'll be making these again soon....Kittencal:)
- 12 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 bermuda onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1⁄4 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 6 -8 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a clean glass container with the Bermuda onion.
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, curry powder and crushed peppers.
- Bring to a boil, then let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Pour over the eggs and onion slices in the glass container, cover tightly and allow to sit in refrigerator for seven days.
- Stir or "slosh" around periodically so flavor and color are distributed evenly (though they may still look a little splotchy).