Recipe by Oolala
This one sounds so good to me but I haven't made it yet. I found it on a recipe card at Shop Rite and this is what is written about it: "Coconut milk adds a unique flavor to this chicken dish. Strips of fresh spinach are stirred in at the last minute for a nutritious meal." This is considered an easy recipe on the card. Serve with white rice.
Top Review by SPrins
This was so simple, and really yummy! I used some veggie chicken & curry flavored tofu I get from an Asian Market. I used cooking spray instead of the oil. I upped the amount of curry powder & coconut milk since I also added red peppers and mushrooms. Next time I will add some onions, too. Thanks so much for sharing! :O) UPDATE: I have tried this with onions and cabbage, as well, and it's always delish. I add veggie chicken broth to make more broth instead of extra coconut milk now to reduce the fat. Tonight I forgot to start the rice (brown) in time for dinner, so I cooked some rice noodles really quick and mixed them into the curry. YUM!! Hubby REALLY liked that!! I'll be doing that again, for sure!! :O)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk or 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 6 cups fresh spinach, cut into strips
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and cook and stir about 4-6 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic and curry and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut milk; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 3-4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add spinach; toss and mix to wilt spinach. Cook just until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with hot cooked rice.