Recipe by Dari Donovan
Given to me by my children's grandmother. Those of Greek heritage love this and so will you. This is great served with pita wedges or as a creamy dressing for gyros.
Top Review by mums the word
This is the exact recipe that a Greek co-worker gave to me. She would bring this to office functions and it was a favourite with everyone. It is so delicious and so easy! I usually leave the yogurt out and just increase the sour cream and reduce the olive oil to 2 tbsp. I like to serve it with crunchy bread sticks and crackers. Thx for posting.
- 1 large cucumber, peel and cut lengthwise, remove seeds
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cucumber and squeeze between paper towels several times to remove excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl, stir in yogurt, sour cream, oil, dill, vinegar, garlic, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Refirigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Garnish with additional minced dill before serving if desired.