Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Given to me by my children's grandmother. Those of Greek heritage love this and so will you. This is great served with pita wedges or as a creamy dressing for gyros.
- 1 large cucumber, peel and cut lengthwise, remove seeds
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grate cucumber and squeeze between paper towels several times to remove excess moisture.
- Place cucumber in a small bowl, stir in yogurt, sour cream, oil, dill, vinegar, garlic, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Refirigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Garnish with additional minced dill before serving if desired.
This is the exact recipe that a Greek co-worker gave to me. She would bring this to office functions and it was a favourite with everyone. It is so delicious and so easy! I usually leave the yogurt out and just increase the sour cream and reduce the olive oil to 2 tbsp. I like to serve it with crunchy bread sticks and crackers. Thx for posting.
This is sooooo delicious!! We used it with Recipe Baroness' Gyros Burgers #223847 and it was marvelous. I could not stop tearing off pieces of pita and dipping it into this wonderful stuff. Thanks Dari Donovan for a great recipe that we'll use again and again. :)