1/1 Photo of Garlic-Crusted Sourdough With Cheddar
Untried but sounds so awesome.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan; add the garlic; boil for 5 minutes, and drain.
- 2In a small bowl, mash the garlic with the back of a fork (or use a garlic press).
- 3Add the butter and Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
- 4Butter one side of each slice of bread with the garlic butter.
- 5Place 4 slices on your work surface, buttered side down.
- 6Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the 4 slices; top with the remaining 4 bread slices, buttered side up.
- 7Heat a large nonstick skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- 8Put the sandwiches in the skillet (do this in batches if needed), cover, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the undersides are golden brown and the cheese has begun to melt.
- 9Uncover and turn the sandwich with a spatula, pressing firmly to flatten them slightly.
- 10Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the undersides are golden brown.
- 11Turn the sandwiches again, press with the spatula, and cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted completely; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Crusted Sourdough With Cheddar
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 1271.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 27.9 g