1/2 Photos of Garlic Crusted Pork Loin With Grand Marnier Roasted Sweet Potato
1 hr 30 mins
One of my favorite ingredients to cook with is Grand Marnier, I think it has the best flavor for so many things! I roasted this pork loin with garlic on a bed of sweet potatoes in place of a rack. If you use a "traveling" roast pan, this doesn't even create too many dishes!!! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (the little ones are easier to slice when raw)
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast
FOR THE PORK RUB
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped (or 4 little ones)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
FOR THE SWEET POTATO SAUCE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Let the pork stand out while you chop the sweet potatoes to prepare for cooking. Place the cubed sweet potatoes covering the bottom of a roasting pan to create a rack/bed for the pork loin to sit on.
- 3Using a sharp knife, score the fat that covers the top of the pork into square shapes. Place the pork, fat side up, on top of the sweet potatoes.
- 4In a glass bowl; mash the chopped garlic with a fork then add the 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and 2 tsp olive oil. Continue mashing into a sort of paste. Stir well to combine and then rub the garlic mixture into the fat on the pork and get into the scores real well.
- 5In another bowl; mix the honey with the orange zest and juice, Grand Marnier, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and 2 TBSP olive oil.
- 6Stir until all is dissolved then pour all around the pork over the sweet potatoes.
- 7Slice the other orange and place slices all around the pork on the sweet potatoes.
- 8Place in the oven, uncovered, and roast for 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Turn the pan and stir the sweet potatoes a little bit about midway thru cooking.
- 10Roast until the internal temperature reaches 150-155 degrees F when a meat thermometer is inserted. (Never cut meat to check doneness because it dries it out--get a meat thermometer they are worth it!).
- 11Cover the meat with foil and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting to serve. (Meat that is sliced immediately dries out, you want the juices to redistribute. Also, the meat's temperature will rise at least 5 more degrees while resting and then it will be a perfect 160 degrees F!).
- 12Serve on a platter surrounded by the sweet potatoes and orange slices!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Crusted Pork Loin With Grand Marnier Roasted Sweet Potato
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: