1/8 Photos of Garlic-Crusted Cod Fish
This recipe comes from The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook. Just buy the cod and parsley; and you probably have everything else at home. Such a simple fish recipe and it packs a lot of flavor. This is for garlic lovers! Note: if the breadcrumb coating doesn't immediately adhere to the fish, just pat it on. It works great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, plus a little more to oil roasting pan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I use seasoned)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 lbs boneless cod fish fillets, 1 inch thick and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over low heat and add the garlic for one minute to soften, not brown.
- 3Remove pan from heat and add the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4Mix to moisten the crumbs and seasonings.
- 5Dredge each fish fillet in the beaten egg first.
- 6Then dredge each fish fillet into the crumb mixture.
- 7Place the coated fish fillets in an oiled roasting pan for the oven.
- 8Bake the fillets in the preheated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. The fish inside should be flaky. Use a fork to make sure the fish flakes and is done.
- 9Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Crusted Cod Fish
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 487.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 46.1 g