Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like veggie dishes where the flavor of the vegetable comes through and isn't masked by heavy sauces, and this really fits the bill. The luscious crumb crust is VERY garlicky and the dish goes well with a simple entree and salad.
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 to 4 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil with three of the garlic cloves (halve or slice them). Add the cauliflower florets and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain, setting aside the garlic cloves.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Very lightly grease a baking dish and place the cauliflower in the dish. Stir in one tablespoon of mayonnaise, coating all of the cauliflower thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Mince the 3 boiled garlic cloves; also mince the remaining 4th garlic clove. Combine dry breadcrumbs, garlic and olive oil; spread over the top of the cauliflower. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes; take out, dot with the butter and return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until cauliflower is done to your liking (I like mine tender but not mushy).
Very good! I would say the butter is optional. I was skeptical that I would like the mayonnaise but it was a nice touch. I used mayo made with olive oil. Even my carnivore husband liked this vegetable recipe.
Excellent. Nice garlicy taste,and comforting texture(if that makes sense) I used two tablespoons of light mayo and just skipped the butter altogether but did everything else as instructed. I would certainly use this again.