Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great on salad or sprinkled over a bowl of soup.
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white bread or 1 cup sourdough bread, ½ inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Cook the garlic with the butter in a small skillet over moderately-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Discard garlic and add bread cubes and thyme and cook croutons, tossing them, until lightly toasted.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and transfer to paper towels to drain.
These were very good, but not quite as garlicy as I had hoped. The bread I used was very fresh, so I toasted the slices first to help cut into cubes. I think I will try fresh herbs next time. Thanks for posting.
Super! Very good and easy, had leftover white and wheat bread from the bread machine so cut it thick in cubes! I was snacking on these, the heck with the salad/soup! TY Evelyn for this one!