Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adds great taste to any salad or add crunch to your favourite soup.
Make and share this Garlic Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 cups country style white bread, in 1/4 inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the garlic, salt, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle the garlic oil over them.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and very dry.
- About halfway through, stir once to brown evenly.
I`m not a fan of croutons but my husband is, so I made them for him and end up eating it to. I used sundried tomato bread. These came out fabulous. Very easy!
I love trying different recipes for homemade croutons. The directions were simple and clear. I smashed the garlic with 1/2 tsp. table salt, since I didn't have kosher salt. I used 3 slices of white bread and they cooked in about 10 to 12 minutes in my oven. To others who might try this recipe, watch them closely in the oven, they do brown rather quickly. Excellent recipe Derf, thanks for sharing.
Good flavor. I had dried minced onions on hand so I added about 1 tablespoon of those to the oil mixture. It makes no sense to purchase croutons when you can make these tasty ones for just pennies.