Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These croutons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or so. try them on salad,soup or chili or just eat them by themselves.
- 3 clove garlic, minced or pressed through a garlic press (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 709.77 ml 1/2 inch white bread cubes (from a baguette or white country loaf)
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the garlic, salt, and oil in a small bowl; let stand 20 minutes, then pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a medium bowl.
- Discard the garlic.
- Add the bread cubes to the bowl with the garlic oil and toss to coat.
- Spread the bread cubes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet to room temperature.
I'm never buying croutons in a store again. Thanks for a great recipe!