Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Try this unique and delicious take on a traditional Caesar Salad.
Make and share this Garlic Crouton Cups With Pesto Caesar and Parmesan Crisps recipe from Food.com.
- 12 slice firm white bread, crusts removed
- olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- DOLE Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 44.37 ml pine nuts, toasted
Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml prepared pesto sauce
- 29.57 ml shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brush or spray each slice of bread lightly with olive oil. Combine garlic salt and dried basil. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of the bread. Season each with pepper.
- Flatten bread slightly with rolling pin. Gently press each slice into a muffin cup, allowing edges to hang over cup.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool.
- For the Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Toss with DOLE Hearts of Romaine. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Toss lettuce with dressing; spoon into Garlic Crouton Cups.
- For the Parmesan Crisps: Heat oven to 350 degrees F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mound Parmesan in 1/2 teaspoonfuls on the prepared sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool 1 minute.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and a Parmesan Crisp. Serve immediately.