Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Rich and creamy side dish that goes great with steak. For extra flavor cook in a skillet recently used for frying bacon (with the grease poured out).
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook spinach as directed on package and drain for as long as your patience permits (squeezing with towels to speed up drying) and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over moderate heat; lightly brown garlic, adding thyme and pepper just before garlic is browned.
- Immediately add spinach and warm it up before adding cream and vinegar, then stir.
- When mixture starts to thicken up, add cheese and take off burner (cheese will continue melting).
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and give spinach a final stir.