Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Table for One, Please! Delicious way to serve spinach for a single serving!
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, lightly smashed and peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy 2 qt saucepan over moderate heat, then add spinach in handfuls and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a sieve set over a bowl and press on spinach with back of a wooden spoon to remove excess liquid, then discard liquid.
- Add cream, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper to saucepan and boil until reduced to 1 TBS, about 2 minutes.
- Discard garlic and add spinach to cream mixture, tossing until coated and heated through.
WOW!!!! Increase this recipe big time. I made 4 servings for 3 people for dinner and we were all staring at the empty bowl looking for more. Followed recipe exactly. I will make this one again and again.
Amazing! An excellent dish! The simple, delicate sauce with just a hint of garlic was irresistible. The spinach, just wilted, was a visual delight. Guests enjoyed this dish so much that I had to give them the recipe. Bev, you have done it! Really a memorable dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I think I actually prefer creamed spinach made with a white sauce - and I have yet to find an amount of creamed spinach that could not constitute a single serving - but this is quite good.