Recipe by Bev
Table for One, Please! Delicious way to serve spinach for a single serving!
Top Review by BoxO'Wine
WOW!!!! Increase this recipe big time. I made 4 servings for 3 people for dinner and we were all staring at the empty bowl looking for more. Followed recipe exactly. I will make this one again and again.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, lightly smashed and peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a heavy 2 qt saucepan over moderate heat, then add spinach in handfuls and cook, tossing, until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a sieve set over a bowl and press on spinach with back of a wooden spoon to remove excess liquid, then discard liquid.
- Add cream, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper to saucepan and boil until reduced to 1 TBS, about 2 minutes.
- Discard garlic and add spinach to cream mixture, tossing until coated and heated through.