Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent creamed spinach- the best! Add sauted onions if your heart so desires :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic, saute 30 seconds.
- Add flour, whisk, heat for about 1 minute.
- Add half and half.
- Add drained spinach and seasonings, simmer 20 minutes on medium heat until very tender.
This was quite good. I am fairly new to eating spinach, so I added some cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, and I thought that made it extra tasty.