Recipe by weekend cooker
an au grautin version as the potatoes are peeled into thin discs.
Top Review by breezermom
I enjoyed this very much! I cut it down to 1 serving, and used my small 6 inch iron skillet. I cooked at 425 for 25 minutes, then reduced the temp to 350. Mine was getting very brown on top (maybe because of the smaller serving size?) Continued to cook for about 15 minutes. They turned out really good....crispy on bottom and top, and smooth and creamy in the middle. Easy to make and delicious. Thanks for sharing! Made for Holiday Tag game.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 garlic cloves (pressed and finely chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In an iron skillet, heat cream and milk to simmer.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and slice them into 1/8 inch discs. DO NOT wash them.
- Wipe them with a damp towel.
- Add them to the skillet with the garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to simmer on stovetop.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until brown crusts forms.