Recipe by kzbhansen
This is really good, I have seen a lot of mashed potato recipes but this is a tad different. From Int'l Garlic Festival Cookbook
Top Review by eCCAbOO
These are THE best!! I used 2c cream, and left the skins on. I also used a ricer before adding the liquid. I would, however, use more garlic. I had 14 cloves, probably use 20 next time. I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, peeled
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in salted water until tender about 20 minutes.
- Drain and dry in 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate and peel garlic cloves.
- Simmer garlic cloves with cream, milk and butter for 30 minutes until garlic is soft.
- Using a blender, puree potatoes and garlic cream mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thin with more cream if necessary.