Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice and easy garlic sauce.
- 2 tablespoons light margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Melt margarine on stovetop and add garlic.
- Saute 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir another minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook stirring until sauce thickens.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over chicken, seafood, pasta or a mixture.
I didn't have sour cream so I used half & half--worked great. Found I had to turn off the burner once I added the flour, then turned it back on when I added the chicken broth. I also swirled in some extra virgin olive oil after adding the chicken broth (mmm). Threw in some ground pepper and salt to taste. Went really well with parmesean cheese on top. Served over bow tie noodles, my husband added chicken to his. Thanks, super easy, inexpensive and fun to tweak!
This is so good. And so easy!
Thanks ketchup for a great recipe! I was trying to pull a quick dinner together for after my ds's wresting match. We had some left over grilled chicken and left over pasta in the fridge so this worked out wonderful. I did add some heavy cream and some shredded horseradish cheese to make it creamer. I just love it!