Recipe by LuvMyBabies
Ginger Moreno's garlic cream recipe that I got off foodnetwork's garlic cook off challenge. I usually add more garlic...but that's just me. She uses it to drizzle over her stuffed shrimp...but I've always just put it over some pasta. i sometimes add some crushed red pepper flakes when i'm craving for some heat.
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the garlic cream sauce: Heat 3 tablespoons of oil with the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, shallots, garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are tender and translucent, about 7 minutes. Add the anchovy paste and cook until fragrant. Add the half-and-half and simmer over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with an equal amount of water and mix well. Whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cornstarch mixture into the sauce. Whisk the sauce as it returns to a simmer. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes then check the consistency. Repeat the process if the sauce is too thin. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and keep warm over very low heat.
- Drizzle it on stuffed shrimp, put it over pasta -- etc.