Recipe by Aroostook
Roast garlic and new potatoes makes a great side dish.
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks Barb for one of those simple recipes that works so well. We halved the recipe and after putting it all together, held it in the oven for about 5 minutes-the potatoes soaked up all the yummy garlicky cream! I should add that we used the lightest cream available (18% fat) and it worked perfectly.
- 20 baby potatoes, halved and simmered until tender
- 2 heads garlic, roasted for 20 minutes in oven
- 1 cup medium cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow baking pan, roast garlic heads (cut off garlic (papery) top).
- Roast until soft.
- Potatoes,cover& simmer in salted water until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in hot baking dish.
- Squeeze each garlic clove until soft middle comes out.
- Place garlic in a small sauce pan and add butter and cream.
- Warm through and pour over hot potatoes.