Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roast garlic and new potatoes makes a great side dish.
- 20 baby potatoes, halved and simmered until tender
- 2 heads garlic, roasted for 20 minutes in oven
- 1 cup medium cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a shallow baking pan, roast garlic heads (cut off garlic (papery) top).
- Roast until soft.
- Potatoes,cover& simmer in salted water until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in hot baking dish.
- Squeeze each garlic clove until soft middle comes out.
- Place garlic in a small sauce pan and add butter and cream.
- Warm through and pour over hot potatoes.
Thanks Barb for one of those simple recipes that works so well. We halved the recipe and after putting it all together, held it in the oven for about 5 minutes-the potatoes soaked up all the yummy garlicky cream! I should add that we used the lightest cream available (18% fat) and it worked perfectly.
This was so simple and so elegant. I added a small amount of crushed, dried rosemary to enhance the flavor and it was great. I can't wait to re-heat the leftovers--I'll bet the flavor has soaked through even more. It's so easy to roast heads of garlic and the flavor is so good. Thanks for a great new side dish!!
If you have a few extra minutes to roast the garlic for this recipe, you will be in for a real treat! So delicious, and so easy! -My toddler loved these potatoes and they even taste great the next day!