Recipe by kadiprimo
I got this idea from Culpeppers, a St. Louis restaurant. They have a garlic cream cheese spread that they use on their signature burger, which is delicious, but very fatty. They also used to have a portabello burger, but they have since taken it off the menu.
Top Review by flower7
This was pretty darn tasty! I did halve the garlic powder as it seemed like a lot with the fresh garlic too. I also used pickled red onion as I didn't have any fresh onion on hand. Otherwise made to the recipe and enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for sharing!
- 2 thin whole grain buns
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices onions
- 10 baby arugula leaves
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced separately
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash Frank's red hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrape the bitter gills out of the mushroom cap. Melt butter in saute pan. Add one of the garlic cloves, then saute the mushroom caps on both sides until tender, about 5-7 mintues depending on thickness.
- Combine the cream cheese, remaining garlic clove, garlic powder, mustard, worchestershire, paprika and hot sauce.
- Spread the garlic cream cheese on the buns, then assemble the mushrooms, onions and greens in sandwich form.