Prep 20 mins
Cook 47 mins
Elegant served over a bed of wild rice.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 8 ounces jarlsberg cheese or 8 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread 1 teaspoons garlic on one side of each chicken breast half. Place crab, cheese and parsley down the center of each. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. In a bowl, beat egg and cold water. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken in the egg mixture, then roll in the crumbs.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 baking dish. Add the apple juice and wine or broth. Bake, uncovered, at 350' for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices run clear.