Recipe by yogiclarebear
I've recently discovered that I LOVE crab. This is just a spinoff of Hey Jude's Garlicky Crab With Pasta. I make this lower cal/carb/fat by using Fiber Gourmet pasta and just a bit of reduced calorie margarine, but I kick up the flavor with LOTS of garlic, basil, and veggies. Fee free to add more butter if you want it richer!
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 ounces fettuccine
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, heat butter and garlic over medium heat, until garlic begins to sizzle. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add crab, tomatoes, basil, and wine. Stir gently to heat through.
- Add noodles and stir gently to heat through. Salt and pepper to taste. (Add more butter here if you want.).
- Stir in or sprinkle parmesan cheese, and serve hot.